Wednesday 17 February 2016

Introducing...'Joey the Butterfly!'

On Tuesday, Darcy brought a Monarch butterfly to school! As Darcy and His mum were driving school, Joey hatched out of his cocoon! 
At first, the butterfly couldn't open his wings because his wings were too wet. 
We watched the butterfly slowly dry off. Darcy and Hussain saw Joey open his wings! 
We thought it was best to take Joey to the butterfly garden where his other friends lived.
Joey had lots of friends, like the big hungry caterpillars! Can you count how many caterpillars are on the swan plant. 
Good-bye Joey!! Thank-you for coming to visit Room 4. We will look for you in the butterfly garden. 

7 comments:

  1. I have never seen a butterfly hatch. Wow, room 4 is so lucky to see this happen. Darcy and his mum did a great job delivering the butterfly safely to school.
    I wonder where the butterfly is now ?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Hi. My name is Jahnae and I’m from room 12.
    I really like how you guys took care of the butterfly and helped it continue its journey.That is a very nice thing to do.
    I like butterflies too, and if I found a butterfly I would probably do the same thing.I am usually scared of butterflies when they quickly hatched, so it was a brave thing to do.
    Where did Joey come from? How long did it take for him to hatch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Buterfly. Good looking after it.

    Evelyn Paine
    room 11

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are good butterfly handles zach room 24

    ReplyDelete
  5. those butterflies look very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! nice experimenting on butterflies
    and Joey is a great name for a butterfly.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.